Friday, December 02, 2005

Wanderlust

Have you ever felt that urge to break free and travel and travel? Probably, without a reason and not a care about the season! Well this urge is what's called 'Wanderlust' - a very strong or irresistible impulse to travel. I happened to read about Alastair Humphreys, who has taken wanderlust to extremes. He's set upon a mission to cover the entire world on his bicycle! In his own words 'Now I am doing the job properly: 50,000 miles, 5 continents, 50 countries. Alone and on a bicycle. No buses, no hitching, no support vehicles'. To know more about this wonderful person have a look at this page. To see snaps of this world traveller take a peep here. Here's wishing Al bon voyage!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sleepyface said...

awesome! this guy is truly amazing. now i m all pumped up to do the same, atleast in india (or even the south part atleast), 30 years from now ;)...

wanna join me? lets put up our own website.. ;)

what say?

12:50 PM  
Blogger Ekta said...

OOH!
This is soo exactly my sentiments RIGHT NOW!!!

Just take off..somewhere..anywhere...and well not know where, till when and just get onto a train and get down at any place that invites you-implusively!

Your blog is bingo on the timing!

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! Wish I could do that, though cycling would not get me further than a mile :))

6:35 PM  
Blogger QuaTros said...

@Vishnu - Yep buddy, that seems like a cool idea! I am all game.

@Ekta - I've once tried doing that, getting down at some random railway station and hiking around! Trust me, its reeaaal cool. :-)

@Silverine - Well,sure I feel the same too!

12:07 PM  
Blogger Vaishnavi Tekumalla said...

So cool! I think wanderlust is so wonderful! It makes life so amazing! :)

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home