Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Proud to be sinistral!

I got a card today morning from my close buddy Akos wishing me a happy left hander's day! :-)
Yes, i am sinistral,gauche or just plain left handed. I write, eat and do all that right handed folks do with their right hands, with my left hand. To think of it , in this 'right hand' dominated world I personally think I have adapted quite well and have become pretty ambidextrous.


In India, the concept of a left-hand driven car is quite a one in a million episode! So I learnt to drive on a right handed car and well i am as good as anyone else. I read somewhere that there are degrees to handedness, and on that note i could be 80% left handed and the rest right handed. Well, i got this quote from a site. It quite shows the plight a left hander faces in terms of deciphering directions and well in short doing things 'right'

"As insane as this little rhyme sounds, it does help one remember which direction screws, threaded nuts, lightbulbs, etc. turn (clockwise vs. counterclockwise)
"Righty Tighty, Lefty Loosey"

Hmm to understand more about my lot go here!

2 Comments:

Blogger En Jay said...

I swear I didn't know about that crazy little rhyme :)

1:36 PM  
Blogger Aslan said...

well.. one of my best pals is left-handed too.. i did send him my best wishes on left-handers' day! n hey, here they're for you too.. albeit a trifle delayed!!

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home