Monday, August 30, 2004

Appraisal time!

Well, today is appraisal time for me at work. I see a lot of dejected faces in office. Coming to think of it, I really don't know if I deserve a promotion. I've got enough work experience for the next level in my line of work. But then I remember that there are a thousand indices that work towards getting promoted. Finally it would all trickle down to a unique combination of talent, techno prudence, a smart tongue and most importantly, the ability to keep your boss boots well licked!! But then, if your boss doesn't have much hand in the appraisal process, it means your tongue must be flexible to lick in the 'right' boots at the 'right' time.
Hmm...I remember those exam times at school. When the results used to pour in, the excuse would sometimes be that "the questions were too hard to crack",and sometimes "the examiner was biased in his evaluation of the answer sheet", but end of day mostly it was just my lack of hard work and focus on the subject. So, I guess I am going to take in whatever I get for my appraisal with a pinch of salt. I have room for growth, huge fields of it in fact. So, I am going to put my gears higher and go for it the next year. But then, that's a long long time to go...!

1 Comments:

Blogger En Jay said...

Hehe...

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home